Boxers make perfect watch dogs also they love to be around people, and if you have children you do not need to worry because they are fond of children. There are two important things that you should know when you buy this dog: that you should make sure that it gets its daily exercises in order to keep it healthy and also to avoid it sitting is very hot or cold weather.
These are some important points that you should follow in order to take proper care of your boxer:
1. Once you have bought you dog take it to the vet to have the shots that it needs and after this make sure that you bring it once a year to have its booster shots. Ask your vet what are the proper products against fleas and about worming.
2. The food that you give it should have meat as its main ingredient. It should also have the following percentages: 20 % or raw fat, 30 % raw protein and 4 % fiber.
3. They do not get dirty very often which is why you do not need to bathe it at a certain period of time.
4. If you want puppies you should consider buying a crate for them. This helps you when you want to train them and at the same time it represents a hiding place for when the puppies want to be alone.
5. Make sure you train your dog from a very early age or as soon as you get it because they can become disobedient. Because of their intelligence they will have no problem in learning and doing what you ask them. The first thing you should do when you start training them is train the out of jumping on people.
6. Research or ask your vet about the boxer’s heath problems. They can develop problems such as: tumors, hypothyroidism, hip dysplasia, aortic stenosis and bloat.
7. They can live up to the age of 12.
The good thing is that they do not bark if they do not have a justified reason. If you are looking for a dog which loves to sit with you for hours while you read then you have found your dog. If you live in an area where the climate is either very hot or very cold then you should keep it indoors as much as possible. Do not be surprised if the snore because they are prone to it.